Bill Evans – A time for love (with sheet music transcription in our Library)
Alone (Bill Evans album)
Alone is an album by jazz musician Bill Evans, recorded in late 1968 for Verve Records. The year of release is unclear, even though a release in the first months of 1970 is a strong possibility. The Grammy Award-winning Alone was Bill Evans’ first single piano solo album following in the footsteps of his 1963 Verve session Conversations with Myself (three pianos overdubbed) and his 1967 Further Conversations with Myself, also on Verve (two pianos overdubbed). It has been reissued in various forms with additional tracks and alternate takes from sessions on September 23, October 8 and 21st.
- “Here’s That Rainy Day” (Jimmy Van Heusen, Johnny Burke) – 5:21
- “A Time for Love” (Johnny Mandel, Paul Francis Webster) – 5:06
- “Midnight Mood” (Joe Zawinul, Ben Raleigh) – 5:20
- “On a Clear Day (You Can See Forever)” (Burton Lane, Alan Jay Lerner) – 4:48
- “Never Let Me Go” (Ray Evans, Jay Livingston) – 14:32