Iron Butterfly Live! “In a Gadda Da Vida” (1971) with sheet music download.
Iron Butterfly is an American rock band best known for the 1968 hit “In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida“, providing a dramatic sound that led the way towards the development of hard rock and heavy metal music. Formed in San Diego, California, among band members who used to be “arch enemies”, their heyday was the late 1960s, but the band has been reincarnated with various members with varying levels of success, with no new recordings since 1975. The band’s seminal 1968 album In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida was a best-seller. Iron Butterfly was the first group to receive an In-House platinum album award from Atlantic Records.
The 17-minute “In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida“, the title track of Iron Butterfly’s second album, became a top-30 hit (edited down to 2:52) in the U. S. The album was awarded a gold disc by the RIAA in December 1968 and had sold over three million copies by the end of 1970. The album stayed on the Billboard charts for over a year and ultimately sold over 30 million copies.
- Doug Ingle – organ, vocals
- Ron Bushy – drums, percussion
- Lee Dorman – bass, vocals
- Mike Pinera – guitar, vocals
- Larry Reinhardt – guitar
- Manny Bertematti – drums, percussion
Search Posts by Categories:
and subscribe to our social channels for news and music updates:
- Libertango (Piano Solo) – Astor Piazzola
- Out of Africa – music by John Barry (piano solo)
- Oblivion (Astor Piazzolla) by Nadja Kossinskaja, guitar (with sheet music)
- Milonga del Angel by Astor Piazzolla (arr. piano solo)
- Oblivion (A. Piazzolla) Two pianos – pianists Argerich and Hubert
- Bill Evans, american jazz pianist and composer (1929-1980)