Search Posts by Categories:
and subscribe to our social channels for news and music updates:
Bill Evans Trio – Jazz LIVE (1965) on Jazz 625
On March 19, 1965, the Bill Evans Trio stopped by the BBC studios in London to play a pair of sets on Jazz 625, the now-legendary program hosted by the British trumpeter Humphrey Lyttelton. The combo–which featured Evans on piano, Chuck Israels on bass and Larry Bunker on drums–played two sets, including most of the songs from their just-completed album, Trio ’65.
The two 35-minute programs (shown consecutively in the video above) take us back in time to see and hear one of the most brilliant and influential jazz pianists of all time, at work in a tightly integrated trio.
Bill Evans (p) Chick Israels (b) Lerry Bunker (dr) Host: Humphrey Lyttleton
- Libertango (Piano Solo) – Astor Piazzola
- Milonga del Angel by Astor Piazzolla (arr. piano solo)
- Oblivion (A. Piazzolla) Two pianos – pianists Argerich and Hubert
- Out of Africa – music by John Barry (piano solo)
- Oblivion (Astor Piazzolla) by Nadja Kossinskaja,guitar (with sheet music)
- Erik Satie (composer and pianist) (1866-1925)