Search Posts by Categories:
and subscribe to our social channels for news and music updates:
Johannes Brahms Intermezzo, Opus 118 nr 2
Arthur Jussen, piano
Dedicated to Clara Schumann, Brahms’ Klavierstücke Op.118 were written in 1893 again at Bad Ischl during his summer sojourn and are probably his most well-known opus nowadays. Julius August Philipp Spitta, a German musicologist, wrote to Brahms after receiving the score, “They are the most varied of all your piano pieces and perhaps the richest in content and depth of meaning …”. This perfectly captures the features of this set of miniatures (only in terms of their length). Highly condensed and expressive, this set of work can be seen as a microcosm of his inner emotional world.
Sheet music avaialable at our Library.
- Libertango (Piano Solo) – Astor Piazzola
- Milonga del Angel by Astor Piazzolla (arr. piano solo)
- Ennio Morricone (1928-2020)
- Nocturne – by Secret Garden (piano solo)
- Oblivion (A. Piazzolla) Two pianos – pianists Argerich and Hubert
- The Creative Development of Johann Sebastian Bach (1695-1717) Vol. I and II