“Misty” Jazz standard (piano solo) with sheet music to download.
“Misty” is a jazz standard written in 1954 by pianist Erroll Garner. He composed it as an instrumental on the traditional 32-bar format and recorded it for the album Contrasts (1955). Lyrics were added later by Johnny Burke. It became the signature song of Johnny Mathis, appearing on his 1959 album Heavenly and reaching number 12 on the U.S. Pop Singles chart later that year. The song has been recorded many times, including versions by Ella Fitzgerald, Frank Sinatra, and, most recently, by alternative rock band Qui.
SHEET MUSIC LYRICS:
Look at me
I’m as helpless as a kitten up a tree
And I feel like I’m clingin’ to a cloud
I can’t understand
I get misty, just holding your handWalk my way
And a thousand violins begin to play
Or it might be the sound of your hello
That music I hear
I get misty whenever you’re nearDon’t you know that you’re leading me on?
And it’s just what I want you to do
Can’t you see that I’m hopelessly lost?
That’s why I’m following youOn…
Search Posts by Categories:
and subscribe to our social channels for news and music updates:
- Libertango (Piano Solo) – Astor Piazzola
- Milonga del Angel by Astor Piazzolla (arr. piano solo)
- Ennio Morricone (1928-2020)
- Nocturne – by Secret Garden (piano solo)
- Oblivion (A. Piazzolla) Two pianos – pianists Argerich and Hubert
- The Creative Development of Johann Sebastian Bach (1695-1717) Vol. I and II