Search Posts by Categories:
and subscribe to our social channels for news and music updates:
Oscar Peterson – C Jam Blues (transcription sheet music)
Oscar Peterson – C Jam Blues (sheet music transcription)
“C Jam Blues” is a jazz standard composed in 1942 by Duke Ellington and performed by countless other musicians, such as Dave Grusin, Django Reinhardt, Oscar Peterson, and Charles Mingus.
As the title suggests, the piece follows a twelve-bar blues form in the key of C major. The tune is well known for being extremely easy to play, with the entire melody featuring only two notes: G and C.
A performance typically features several improvised solos. The melody likely originated from the clarinetist Barney Bigard in 1941, but its origin is not perfectly clear.
It was also known as “Duke’s Place“, with lyrics added by Bill Katts, Bob Thiele and Ruth Roberts.
Sheet Music Download.
- Libertango (Piano Solo) – Astor Piazzolla
- Oblivion (Astor Piazzolla) by Nadja Kossinskaja, guitar (with sheet music)
- Milonga del Angel by Astor Piazzolla (arr. piano solo)
- The Creative Development of Johann Sebastian Bach (1695-1717) Vol. I and II
- Ennio Morricone (1928-2020)
- Nocturne – by Secret Garden (piano solo)