Czerny, The School of Velocity, Op. 299 no. 1 with sheet music
Search Posts by Categories:
and subscribe to our social channels for news and music updates:
Carl Czerny (1791-1857) was an Austrian composer, teacher and pianist of Czech origin. A child prodigy, he began playing piano at age three and composing at age seven. His first piano teacher was his father, Wenzel Czerny, but he went on to study with Clementi, Hummel, Salieri and Beethoven. Czerny’s books of studies for the piano are considered classics of piano pedagogy and continue to be widely used.
The School of Velocity, Op. 299
Designed for late intermediate to advanced pianists, the School of Velocity, Op. 299 offers practical training in well-articulated pianistic passage work, particularly in playing virtuoso music of the Romantic period. In addition to this, each study is a complete music composition, demanding attention to dynamics and phrasing.
- Libertango (Piano Solo) – Astor Piazzola
- Milonga del Angel by Astor Piazzolla (arr. piano solo)
- Nocturne – by Secret Garden (piano solo)
- Oblivion (A. Piazzolla) Two pianos – pianists Argerich and Hubert
- Out of Africa – music by John Barry (piano solo)
- The Creative Development of Johann Sebastian Bach (1695-1717) Vol. I and II