Search Posts by Categories:
and subscribe to our social channels for news and music updates:
W. A. Mozart Fantasia No 4 in C Minor, K 475 with sheet music
Fantasia No. 4 in C minor, K. 475, is a solo piano composition written by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart in Vienna on May 20, 1785. The piece was published in December 1785 together with Piano Sonata no. º 14, KV 457, as Opus 11 by Artaria Publishing House, the main Mozart publisher in Vienna.
The piece begins in the key of C minor and features the Adagio tempo indication, which shortly changes to Allegro, beginning a section that goes from A minor to G minor, F major and F minor.
This is followed by a new section in B flat major, in Andantino tempo that changes to a più allegro section in D minor, in which the opening theme is restated before ending in C minor. Due to the surprising changes of tonality that it presents, the music does not present a key signature, in such a way that all the alterations are accidental.
On the other hand, in line with Mozart’s other fantasies, this work has a rather virtuosic character.
- Libertango (Piano Solo) – Astor Piazzola
- Milonga del Angel by Astor Piazzolla (arr. piano solo)
- Nocturne – by Secret Garden (piano solo)
- Oblivion (A. Piazzolla) Two pianos – pianists Argerich and Hubert
- Out of Africa – music by John Barry (piano solo)
- The Creative Development of Johann Sebastian Bach (1695-1717) Vol. I and II